Terms and Conditions
- Smoking is not allowed in the property.
- The property should only be used to accommodate the number of people agreed with us when booking (or subsequently amended by email). Under no circumstances should the property accommodate more than four people (excluding infants in cots). Names of all occupants shall be provided on booking.
- On payment of a cleaning surcharge of £25, one dog is permitted but must be kept away from furniture and on the ground floor only. He/she must be kept in the kitchen overnight and if you deem it necessary secured in a cage to avoid damage to the property.
- Bookings are confirmed with receipt of a deposit of £250 at the time of booking.
- The balance of the rental is due 30 days before your booking commences. We will endeavour to remind you to pay the balance but accept no responsibility should you miss this deadline. Failure to pay the balance in full by the due date may result in cancellation of your booking.
- For bookings taken later than 8 weeks before the date of arrival, the full rental charge will be taken at the time of booking.
- An additional Security/Good Housekeeping deposit of £200 will be taken at the time of paying the final balance. This will be refunded in full on vacation of the Property, within 7 days. We reserve the right to make deductions from the Security/Good Housekeeping Deposit to cover reasonable costs of repairing damage to fixtures and fittings or their replacement. The Security/Good Housekeeping Deposit will be refunded to a designated current account. You must provide Your designated account details via email before vacating the property.
- The property must be left in the condition in which it was let. A charge will be made against the Security/Good Housekeeping Deposit in cases where the Property is left in an unsatisfactory state of cleanliness.
- We strongly recommend that you take out holiday insurance at the time of booking to cover you in the event of cancellation.
- If due to circumstances beyond our control, such as weather damage to the property, we are unable to provide accommodation, our liability will be limited to a full refund of the rental.
- Check in time is 4pm and check out time is 10am. A charge of £100 will be made against the Security Deposit for delays in departure of over one hour.
- Rental charges are displayed on our website, through our on-line reservation system.
- Your rental includes all linen, towels, utilities and internet usage. Freeview TV and Netflix are included. Landline phone calls are free, subject to reasonable use in the UK only.
- Certain items are left in the property for your enjoyment, such as picnic chairs, binoculars, etc. These items must not be taken and used away from the property.
- We cannot accept responsibility for disruption to flights or ferries, owing to weather, technical, operational or other difficulties.
- You must respect the quiet nature of the neighbourhood. Unreasonable behaviour, disturbance to neighbours or their livestock may result in you being removed from the property. You are requested to particularly respect the quiet of a Sunday on Harris.
Inability to travel owing to Government travel restrictions relating to the COVID-19 Pandemic
If Your Booking has to be cancelled because our location is put under Government Restrictions and we are required to close the accommodation and the period of closure covers Your booking, You will be refunded in full.
In the event that Your given address is put under Government Restrictions, rendering You unable to travel and the period of restriction covers Your Booking You will be refunded in full.
Cancellation by You
More than 30 days ahead of your stay:
In the event of cancellation by You, we shall refund any deposit if we succeed in re-letting the property. If we are unable to re-let the property, the deposit will be retained.
Less than 30 days ahead of your stay:
In the event of cancellation by you, we shall forward the lesser of (i) any receipts we receive in re-letting the property and (ii) all payments received to date. If we are unable to re-let the property, all payments received will be retained.
Failure to Make Final Balance Payment
If You fail to make the Final Balance Payment on the due date 30 days prior to check-in and we are unable to solicit a response from You after making reasonable attempts to contact you, We will interpret this as a Cancellation by You.
We will remove Your Booking from the online calendar and make the Property available for re-letting.
Our policy on refunds above will apply.
Cancellation by Us
Each booking is taken in good faith with the belief that the Property will be available to You on the confirmed dates. If, for any reason, owing to circumstances beyond our control, the Property is not available then We will refund You in full.
This Cancellation by Us shall not give rise to compensation or consequential losses being due or paid to You or any payment made to You other than explicitly provided for under these Terms and Conditions.
Informing Us of Cancellations
Refunds will be made to a designated current account, the full details of which are to be provided by You on cancellation. Funds will be transferred electronically on or within 7 days after the check-out date of your original booking.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Croft Eight needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Croft Eight permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Croft Eight legitimate interests
- Croft Eight needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
croft8.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, croft8.com uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
Note that croft8.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
croft8.com does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.